Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Still left unsaid...for now

Saturday night was a quiet night with Nana and Papa. We heated up leftovers, which proved problematic for me later in the night. We spent most of the night watching TV. Around ten, I helped Papa back to his bedroom. I sat with him for a little bit, talking about a little bit of everything. When we got to the heart of the matter, the stuff we've been meaning to say to each other for a long time, that's when he fell asleep. Just my luck. I get a perfect change to say I'm sorry, and he falls asleep on me.

Sunday morning, we all got up early for another big breakfast. Betty showed up to watch after Papa so that Nana could go to church. She insisted that I go along with her. I wanted to give her my normal explanation about my negative feelings about religion, but I just left it at "I wanna spend some time with Papa."

There was no to-be-continued of our conversation the night before. Papa was weak, and slept off and on for most of the day. Nana got home around one and we had lunch. After which, I headed home.

I took the scenic route home, going about an hour out of my way, for no real reason. It was justa good day for a drive. When I got home, Cody was so happy to see me. Somehow, he had figured out how to knock the automatic feeder over and spill out all of the food. He must've eaten twice what he should have. I can't hold it against him. I like to eat way too much too when I'm left all alone.

Yesterday was the same old grind. I got through my work early, and got a jump start on the next. It was the same for today. If I keep this up, I'll be a over a week ahead by Friday.

Jeez, I gotta find something in my life other than work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home