Saturday, September 10, 2005

Pity party

Ever since Monday, I've shut out the world around me. At work, I've only allowed enough human contact to get the job done. Coming home, I would lock the door behind me and not open it until I had to leave the next morning. I've left about twenty phone calls unanswered. Calls from my mom, my grandmother, Sid and Nicky. Nicky called me the most, leaving voice mails telling me to call him, sometimes right away, sometimes whenever I can.

So, I finally called him back, last night. He told me how Jeff had called the police, claiming assault. A witness reported that it was Jeff who threw the first punch. I would've maybe suspected Grace to be that witness, maybe Sam, but in an unprecedented move, it was Clara. That blew me away. I could've been facing jail time, and she stood up for me. Then again, She probably had a lesser-of-two-evils moment.

As for Grace, I didn't ask. Nicky said that she's doing okay, and that she's being very quiet about what happened Sunday night. I didn't press the subject. I screwed up, and this time it's irreversable. Period.

Nicky argued that idea. He said he's pulling for me. I told him it's a lost cause. I told him I'd keep in touch, but don't be expecting me to be coming back anytime soon.

I know I'm being hard on myself. The pity party is entering its fifth day. After graduation, the party lasted two months. I've got time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home