Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Grin & bear it

I got Cody back from the vet, and as it turns out, this cat has allergies. I have to feed him a pill every day until the vet tells me to stop. The problem is, this cat is all cuddly and cute until you have to force a pill down his throat, then he's like an epileptic Tazmanian devil that's high on angel dust.

Cat scratches aside, today was so-so. there was a bit of turbulance at work, but overall everything went smoothly. Had a great lunch downtown with my boss. Not only did he pick up the tab, but he bought me a beer. He tried to get me to talk about what's been bothering me, but I felt weird talking to him about it. I just told him it was a little girl trouble, and I left it at that.

I went out for a few drinks tonight, and I wound up playing shuffleboard with this girl down at the bar. She and I got to talking, I bought her a couple drinks. I was kinda surprised how well things were going. I would've thought my heart was clearly on my sleeve, and that I had "depressed and heart-broken" written all over my forehead. The conversation flowed freely, I was funny, strangely charming, and I was on a roll...until she mentioned her boyfriend...her CURRENT boyfriend. At that point, I didn't know what was going on. I guess I went into unconscience nod-and-smile mode.

And I thought I was making progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home