Sunday, October 09, 2005

Messages

In all the hustle and bustle to get home yeasterday, I neglected to check my messages until sometime this afternoon. The reception on my cell phone wasn't great in Atlanta, and I never got any of these calls while I was there, even though I managed to make a few outgoing calls. They didn't even show up on my caller ID under missed calls until today. I got a couple calls from my mom, a couple from Sid, and one from a number I didn't recognize. It was a 479 area code, and the first thing I thought of was - bad news about Papa.

I immediately checked my voice mail, sadly skipping through the calls from Mom and Sid, trying to get to the mystery caller. It went something like this, in a woman's voice:

"Um...hey...So, I just wanted to call and say hello, and to see how you were doing. Anyway, just give me a call sometime and we can...look, I'm sorry. I know I overreacted, and I'm sorry for that. I just apologized twice, didn't I. Just give me a call. I suck at leaving messages like this. I guess you already know that."

Then It sounded like she was hanging up then changed her mind and spoke again:

"This is Grace, by the way. Please call me. My number is 479-BEEEEEEEEP!"

That wasn't censorship, it really beeped. I don't know if it ran out of time or what. Weird, huh?

So what do I do?!? I think I need to sit still and let my heart still racing. I'm not writing this in hopes of getting a response from anyone on the matter. I just needed to get this off my chest. Of course, I'll call her back. But first, some courage may be in order, and by that I mean alcohol.

1 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This time around, while talking to her, you might try to not end the evening by punching someone :). Of course, you might be able to do that while on the phone and get away with it. Anyways, she sounds like a nice girl, best of luck to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home