Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Back in the saddle

Things were a little slow at work, so my boss let me takee a long lunch. I grabbed some Quizno's, then walked down the block to the bookstore. There were a few books that I was looking for, books I used to own, but lost them in the breakup property dispute.

There was this ultra-nice brunette who worked there, and she was helping me track down these books. By the time we were about halfway down my list, she was totally flirting with me. The more frightening part was, I was flirting back.

It turns out that one of the books I was looking for was out of print, but she was kind enough to try to find a copy online and special order it for me. I don't care if she works on commission, I left that store feeling like a king.

I came home tonight after dinner to find Cody waiting for me on the doorstep. I completely forgot to pick up some more cat food for him. Fortunately, I had some chicken fajitas left over in a doggie bag (ha!), so a couple strips of lime chicken and that cat was in heaven.

In a rare event, I called Sid (he usually calls me first), gave him directions to my place, and found out what time his flight should be in. Which reminds me, I need to clean up this place...or I could just leave it a pig sty and just have my friend deal with it. Quite the quandary...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home