Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Cryptic Messages

I had to work late tonight, so I didn't hear my phone when Sid called me again. He left this short, cryptic message about me needing to keep Labor day weekend open. I tried calling him back, but there was no answer. In case I hadn't mentioned it before, I freakin' hate leaving messages.

The really weird thing about his voicemail was that he had this whole "you know what I'm talking about" kinda tone. And then, he won't bother answering his phone when I call him back. I even made sure to call him before nine (ten for him, since he's in New Jersey nowadays.)

In other news, I got woken up really early this morning by a cat meowing just outside my door. I opened the door and this skinny orange cat just lept up onto my chest and dug it's claws deep into my flesh. It didn't know whether to try to calm it down or drop kick the thing. I just let it wander around my apartment while I get ready for work. When I went down to the QuikTrip for my morning coffee, I picked up some fancy feast for the kitty. I made sure to feed it outside, just in case the landlord starts snooping around.

I'm thinking a sick day may be in order tomorrow, if I feel like it in the morning. A Thursday would be a lot more inconspicuous than taking a Friday off, don't you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home