Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Now, the truth comes out...

I got a call from my old friend Sid, whom I've forgotten to call and tell the new news. He said he pretty much got the whole story from my ex's outgoing voicemail message. We had a nice long chat, wherein he told me just why he never liked her. It was tricky timing, because Half of me is unsure what to think about it all, while the other half is agreeing with him completely.

I'm still pretty numb, so the conversation was pretty much one sided. Sid's lack of tact is an acquired taste, and having known him for over twenty years, I'm pretty much immune. I don't let it bother me.

I realized that I've been drinking quite uncharacteristically in the past eight days. Every night, I've gotten at least a bit buzzed during and after dinner. Tonight, I detox. I made myself a nice salad, took a nice long shower and was gonna wtch a movie when Sid called. At least in talking to him, I was able to cleanse myself of a few of the reasons I think I've been drinking so much lately.

In other news, I have only three more boxes left to unpack, full of all my books. However, I'll need to wait for payday so that I can go to to Home Depot and buy some bookshelves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home