Monday, August 29, 2005

Cody

I got off work a little early and went for a run along the river. When I got back to my place, the kitty was back again. Every night now, seven p.m.; you could set your watch to this cat. I guess he's mine now. I have named him Cody, short for co-dependant.

It's kinda nice having something to take care of. It helps take my mind off of some of my own needs and wants and gotta-haves. Although, I feel kinda guilty that I can't afford to take Cody to the vet anytime soon.

With all the hoopla of moving into my new place, I took it upon myself to make a few phone calls, giving people an update. I called my brother, some old friends, and my grandmother. She was the one I was dreading. She never liked my ex, and she objected to the idea of us "living in sin". She barely hesitated to say "I told you so". I just sat back and took my mild abuse, knowing full well that I could end it simply by asking about my uncle, who just married his sixth wife, and this one's a Protestant. If the subject ever comes up, you could hear her eyes roll over the phone.

While I talk to my Grammy, tha Call Waiting beeps three times. One unknown, one Sid, the other Nicky. I won't be returning the calls tonight.

So now, I pop in a DVD, plop down on the couch and hang out with Cody until it's time to let him outside for the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home